A full day fantasy art drawing and painting workshop for children ages 7 and up
- 9am – 3pm (bring your own lunch)
- morning and afternoon snacks will be provided
- after being taught a range of drawing and painting techniques, inspired by artists Roger Dean and Bobby Chiu, the children will produce a drawing onto A3 cartridge paper or an acrylic painting onto an A3 size canvas, ready to take home and proudly display.
- all equipment and materials are provided
- wear old clothes or bring an apron or old t-shirt
- COST $100.00
A maximum of 8 students in the workshop – bookings are essential and payment upfront is required to secure your child’s place.
Cosy, air conditioned studio and your teacher will be Lesley Smitheringale, BA Honours in Design
This all day workshop will appeal to both boys and girls which will be action packed with oodles of tuition, techniques and inspiration for your young creative. The students will complete a fantasy artwork which can be either a drawing or a painting.
The same Workshop is being held twice over the School Easter holidays on:
- Tuesday 4th April from 9am – 3pm
- Wednesday 12th April from 9am – 3pm
For children ages 7 and up which will be tailored to accommodate the different ages and skill levels of the children attending.Enrol your Child
Here’s what we’ll be covering:-
- looking at examples of fantasy art, in particular Roger Dean, Bobby Chiu & Brian Froud.
- drafting out ideas for the characters in the fantasy painting such as aliens, half-human half creature, dinosaurs, mermaids, faeries, gobins, unicorns, dragons etc and how the creatures move – fly, walk, swim etc
- drafting out ideas for where the characters live such as outer space, volcanic terrain, swamp, rainforest, jungle, ocean etc
- composition, scale, form and how to achieve distance, focal point
- painting demonstration of techniques using brushes, sponges etc to create effects, textures such as scales, fur, feathers, metallic, veins, wings etc and how to achieve depth and 3-D realism
- drawing demonstration of techniques to achieve tones for depth and realism and creating textures as above
- overview of colours – light, dark, complementary, warm, cool and choosing a colour palette for the artwork
- the correct way to build up layers in a painting
- putting all of that together to produce their own fantasy art drawing or painting
- all drawing and painting art materials
- wi-fi is available and it’s a great idea for students to bring a fully charged Ipad, tablet or laptop to research their ideas
- hand-outs, books and photos for research and ideas
- morning and afternoon snacks and low-joule cordial plus a little Easter treat
- varnishing and cord on back of canvases, ready to be taken home and proudly displayed
- COST $100.00
What do the children need to bring?
- wear old clothes or bring a big t-shirt or apron to protect their clothes if painting
- fully charged IPad, Tablet or laptop for researching ideas (not compulsory)
- a packed lunch
- snacks and their own drinks if on a special diet
Can parents stay during the workshop?
- sorry there is no room in the studio
What if I have to cancel the Workshop after booking and paying for it?
- firstly see if you can swap it to the other time slot this workshop is being held
- use it for a block of 4 weekly art lessons instead (you will be saving $4.00)
- is there a sibling or friend’s child who could come instead?
- as a very last resort you will be offered a full refund
Please make sure you have filled out an enrolment form for your child for the appropriate workshop.Enrol your Child
To secure your child’s place in the Workshop payment is required at the time of booking.Pay for a Workshop