COLOURING & TANGLING CLUB WORKSHOPS
The popularity of colouring and zentangle art for adults is growing and the benefits of these enjoyable and creative activities can be great for reducing stress and anxiety or just a reason to find some “me” time in your busy life. The best thing of all is that they can easily be done by anyone without requiring any art ability whatsoever.
Many parents who drop off their young creatives to my art studio tell me that their lives are frantic and the fast pace of juggling work with family life can be stressful and overwhelming.
I am thrilled to now be offering monthly workshops for adults….
…. in a friendly, relaxed and non-judgmental environment which caters for all abilities and ages (over 18)
….. with room for 8 adults in a small & cosy little studio ….
ABOUT THE MONTHLY WORKSHOPS
Every month we will be working on a new theme and you will receive a resource pack.
Help, tuition and advice is optional: you are welcome to come along and just colour or tangle the resources for relaxation and some time out.
In each workshop you will receive:
- Tuition and demonstrations of techniques using a range of media such as colour pencils, watercolour pencils, watercolour paint, chalk pastels, gel pens, felt pens, micron pens, blending sticks, copics etc if you want to learn new things.
- Learn about the colour wheel, mixing and blending colours and what colour schemes to use in your colouring projects and how to add colour to your tangled artworks.
- Advice about creating your own zentangle patterns, where to gain inspiration for patterns, the best places to find patterns online, using and maintaining a daily journal | visual diary | sketchbook.
- Brewed coffee, tea, fresh orange juice or filtered water and danish pastries provided.
- Each workshop is a one-off so you may come along for 1 workshop or pre-book and pay for as many as you want to secure your place.
- A resource pack containing sheets and templates of the monthly theme.
- Most basic art materials will be provided for you: practice paper, lead pencils, thick and thin black sharpies, Signo white pigment pens, some gel pens, paper blenders or tortillions, erasers, sharpeners, rulers, Faber Castell watercolour pencils (can be used dry or wet), chalk pastels, watercolour cake paints, some zentangle patterns, wi-fi internet access if you bring along a laptop or IPad [to find zentangle patterns online during the workshop], glue sticks, scissors
- Some months we may be colouring and tangling different items such as plaster shapes, white canvas shoes, calico bags, coasters, pebble paper weights, teracotta flower pots, paper-mache boxes so there will be an extra charge to cover the cost of these materials.
- Afternoon tea – brewed coffee, tea, fresh orange juice or filtered water and danish pastries (or bring your own snack if you are on a special diet)
- An instructional video of me colouring and tangling the resources which you can view online on YouTube after the workshop
JANUARY 2016 – MONKEY BUSINESS PACK
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Nothing if you are happy to use the art materials listed above
- Your own more expensive art materials if you have them such as polychromos or prismacolor pencils, chameleon pens, copic markers, gel pens, a set of black micron pens such as “Artline” which come in a set etc
- An unlined notebook, sketch pad or visual diary if you wish to start off practicing your techniques and patterns in this rather than my inexpensive practice paper.
“Zentangles are drawings composed of patterns (tangles) that can be viewed from all four sides. Zentangles do not contain recognizable objects and there is no “right side up”. The Zentangle method is very focused and mindful.”
NOTE: I am not a certified zentangle teacher and the workshops are not exclusively about learning how to do the true zentangles and patterns but about creating zentangle-inspired artworks using existing or user created patterns.
- Individual workshops run for 2 hours and cost $37.00 [This includes the art materials I stock listed above, internet access via wifi, afternoon tea, brewed coffee, fresh orange juice, filtered water and danish pastries.
- As workshop sizes are small (up to 8 adults), you are required to book and pay in advance please using the booking form link to the left.
- No refunds will be given should you decide not to attend but you will be able to book an alternative session(s) or find someone to take your place if you contact me, Lesley in advance to let me know you can’t make it. Thank you for your understanding.
- After you fill out the booking form you will be sent an e-mail with an invoice for payment (due before the workshop commences).
- You may book a single workshop or as many as you wish in advance to secure your place. There is 1 Workshop every month.
- If I, Lesley, have to cancel a class which you have paid for, you will be entitled to a make-up workshop or a refund.
DON’T LIVE NEAR MY STUDIO?
YOU CAN JOIN THE ONLINE COLOURING & TANGLING CLUB INSTEAD
- This is a great alternative if you don’t live nearby or can’t physically get to the studio.
- No matter where you live in the world you can do the activities.
- Watch the instructional monthly video showing you tips and techniques for colouring and tangling.
- Ideally you need to have access to the Internet and a printer.
- You can download the resource packs as pdf files to your computer and print them out at home. If you don’t have a printer you can visit your local library and print them there or take them to Officeworks or your favourite printing lab.
- To view and print PDF files you need to have a suitable programme on your computer such as the free Adobe Reader which is available for PC and Mac.
- There is also a secret and private Colouring and Tangling Club Group on Facebook where you will virtually meet other members.
- Alternatively, you can choose to have the monthly resource packs mailed out to your home address and pay a small extra cost to cover postage and packaging.
JOIN OUR OTHER FACEBOOK GROUP
This Group is wonderful and anyone can join. It is a different Group from the secret Group that only the paying subscribers of the Club will be in.
If you are on Facebook I have formed a private Group for “Colouring and Tangling”. Once you have joined (it’s free) you can share your artworks with other members, buy and sell colouirng and tangling items , enter competitions, receive discounts on products and resources and lots more. We hope you will join us. Click the picture on the left to visit the Page and request to join.
I am looking forward to working with you on your colouring and tangling whether it is in my studio or virtually in the online Club.