Hi, I’m Lesley Smitheringale.
I’m a professional artist & qualified art teacher who runs extra curricular art classes to children in my home studio in the Redlands area of Queensland.
Who is this site for?
- Everyone who loves art and craft
How this site can help you …
- are you are a parent, grandparent, carer of a creative child who is looking for easy to follow art and craft activities?
- are you are a teacher of creative students who wants to feel more confident about teaching art, needs fresh resources, lesson plans and lots of them?
- are you are kid or teen who is looking for art activities and online tutorials that you can do by yourself at home using your IPad or computer?
then I’m positive you will love the resources on this site
My whole life has revolved around being creative and I chose an artistic path because nothing gives me greater joy than making artworks.
So after being a practicing artist since I was a child and then training at Glasgow School of Art & Jordanhill College of Education which led to a career path of teaching art for over 20 years to middle and senior students in both Scotland and Australia …
… it’s time to pass on my expertise, knowledge and resources to you, your kids and your students.
A taste of what you’ll find here?
- Help for parents and teachers to engage their creative kids in the visual arts.
- Instructional videos and online courses in art and craft which can easily be followed by anyone without any art experience whatsoever.
- Assisting core teachers in teaching the visual arts to their students in the classroom by providing skills, techniques, instruction, lesson plans, art and craft activities with integrated themes in the Curriculum. Updates on the Australian Curriculum and how this impacts on teaching the visual arts.
- Assisting home school students and their parents with quality art lessons and resources to further enhance their home based learning.
- To be a virtual art teacher for children living in remote areas participating in distance education.
- A team of expert educators who can help in all areas of art education.
- Providing a forum for our friendly, virtual community of like-minded parents, educators in our private Facebook Group.
As parents or teachers, if you have creative kids in your care, the best gift you can give them is to be supportive of their talent, dreams and passion and to nurture that talent as best you can. My job is to help you do that:)
I would also like to invite you to join our private, creative community Colouring and Tangling where you will meet others who love to colour and produce zentangle-inspired artworks.
- post your own artwork, links to articles, websites, apps, books, printables, lesson plans etc you think would be beneficial to the Group.
- enter competitions
- receive advice, tutorials and news of colouring and tangling workshops in the Engaged in Art Studio in Alexandra Hills, Redlands, Queensland.
- buy and sell digital and tangible items as long as they are beneficial to the Group such as colouring books, colouring pages, second hand art and craft books, art materials and equipment.
Click the picture to visit our Facebook Group and then ask to join.